SJ County Humane Society announces some changes in response to coronavirus

first_img SJ County Humane Society announces some changes in response to coronavirus WhatsApp Google+ Pinterest Twitter WhatsApp Google+ By Tommie Lee – March 18, 2020 0 177 Facebook Twitter CoronavirusIndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market Pinterest (Photo supplied/ABC 57) The Humane Society of St. Joseph County says they are making changes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.Animal Control services will operate during normal business hours but will dedicate their workload to high priority and emergency cases.The adoption center will remain closed until further notice but potential adopters will only be able to visit with an appointment. Facebook Previous articleSt. Joseph County Health officials report additional positive coronavirus testsNext articleDomestic disturbance in Granger leads to death of suspect Tommie Leelast_img read more

Online and mobile banking growing in importance to small business owners

first_imgFor more small business owners, taking care of business means turning to online and mobile channels – and it’s impacting where and how they bank. According to the Fall 2015 Raddon Small Business National Research, 55 percent of small business owners consider technology resources when choosing a financial institution. Financial institutions must be ready to meet the changing needs and expectations of small business owners.In late 2015, Fiserv commissioned Barlow Research to ask small business owners what they want from their financial institutions. The flash panel survey asked 100 small business panelists with annual sales revenue up to $10 million about their payment preferences and financial service offerings. The survey confirms online and mobile banking are growing in importance to small business owners, who are likely accustomed to using digital banking channels for their personal accounts. continue reading » 20SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblrlast_img read more

Quebec to ramp up inspections of homes for elderly after 31 die in Montreal facility

first_img“[Health officials] didn’t know before Friday night that there were 31 deaths,” Legault told reporters on Monday. “We knew that there were a few deaths, but surely not 31.”Only five deaths are confirmed to have been caused by COVID-19, with the rest under investigation.Legault blamed the situation on “major negligence” over the weekend and said the facility’s management had not cooperated when authorities first tried to probe reports of problems.”I think that what happened in the month of March was that suddenly many of their residents got the COVID-19, many of the employees decided to leave,” he said. The Quebec government on Monday said it was putting the safety and general conditions of the province’s 2,600 long-term care and nursing home facilities under the microscope following the deaths of 31 people in a single home for the elderly since March 13.Police and the coroner’s office are investigating the deaths at the Residence Herron, a 139-unit home in Montreal, which has been put under provincial control.Quebec Premier François Legault said health officials had only been informed that the nursing home had a shortage of staff, but not that dozens of residents had died. Topics :center_img The residence is located on Montreal’s West Island and is owned and operated by Katasa Group, which owns six other retirement homes. The home charges up to C$10,000 a month for each resident, according to the Montreal Gazette.The private nursing home touts itself as having “an enviable reputation in the field of residences for retirees in need of special care,” according to its website. The Katasa Group was not immediately available for comment.Legault said three investigations are underway into the home, with issues previously raised in government reports in 2019 and 2017.He said staff shortages in Quebec’s long-term care facilities had been a problem before the coronavirus crisis, adding that the government planned to deploy more medical staff to help out with long-term care facilities in the province.Quebec has offered temporary bonuses, including 8% raises for workers who are in direct contact with patients, and an increase in hourly wages for private home orderlies.More than half the total deaths from coronavirus in Canada have occurred in Quebec, the second most populous of 10 provinces.About 60% of Quebec deaths have been in either seniors’ homes or long-term care facilities and a quarter of the province’s nursing homes have at least one confirmed case, according to provincial data. last_img read more

Abubakar will not turn down a good offer

first_imgGhana midfielder Mumuni Abubakar says he will fancy a move from South African side Mamelodi Sundowns after struggling to break into the first team.The former New Edubiase midfielder joined the Premier Soccer League(PSL) side before the start of the new season on a two-year deal is yet to make his debut for the club.Mumuni Abubakar who had trial with English giants Liverpool last year and eventually named the 2011 Sports Writers Association of Ghana Premier League Player of the Year says he will not hesitate to move on, if the opportunity comes.“I’m not here to stay in South Africa but to use here as a stepping stone to progress to Europe. I will welcome any contract which has good terms and conditions .I’m working hard and praying that all will go well for me to get a better contract to Europe”. Mumuni told JOY SportsHe was a member of Ghana’s historic 2011 All Africa Games gold medal winning team in Maputo, Mozambique.last_img read more