Medical report of 3yrold girl found insufficient evidence to confirm sexual assault

first_imgSrinagar: The medical report of a three-year-old girl, who was alleged to have been raped in Jammu and Kashmir’s Bandipora district, has found insufficient evidence to confirm sexual assault, officials said Tuesday. The report had leaked on social media and the medical superintendent of SKIMS Medical College Hospital, Bemina said it was “authentic”. In the report submitted to the investigating officer on May 16, the doctors who conducted the medical examination have said there are no marks of injury on any part of the girls’ body, including the private parts. Also Read – Pak activated 20 terror camps & 20 launch pads along LoC”The actual source of bleeding could not be determined as there was no evidence of any injury around the vaginal orifice. Also the blood stains were not dry blood but faint stains only and could not be scraped and sent for examinations,” the report read. The report states that the stains were very faint, almost negligible. “There was no evidence of any trauma, injury, bleeding at or around the vaginal orifice or anal opening. Maculo papular rash can arise due to multiple of reasons,” it said. Also Read – Two squadrons which participated in Balakot airstrike awarded citationsThe doctors said it was very difficult to cause full penetration into the vagina without causing any major injury/ tear/bleeding in a three-year-old child. “As per the detailed examination of the child, there were no marks of injury on any part of the body, including the private parts. There was no active bleeding from vagina or anus, the mere presence of the faint blood stains and a maculo papular rash on buttocks is not sufficient evidence to confirm that the child has been sexually assaulted,” the medical report read.last_img read more

Second sum of money goes missing from Balbriggan Garda Station

first_imgA SECOND SUM of money, that was being held at Balbriggan Garda Station as part of evidence to a crime, has gone missing.A garda spokesperson told that a “criminal and disciplinary investigation” has now been launched to determine where the money has gone and how it went missing.The spokesperson confirmed that this was a separate incident to the €9,000 that was discovered stolen from the same garda station last month.A detective superintendent has been drafted in to investigate the disappearance of the €9,000 in cash that was being held in the north Dublin station after it was recovered moments after a robbery at a shop in Lusk on 19 January. When gardaí subsequently attempted to return the money to its owner a tear was discovered in the bag and €9,000 was missing.The gardaí’s internal affairs and professional standards units are also looking into the matter of the first theft.However, the garda spokesperson would not say if the same detective would be in charge of investigating the theft of the second sum of money.Read: Garda held over missing €9,000 from Dublin garda station released >More: Detective investigating missing money from Dublin garda station >last_img read more